I am a super sensitive soul who likes to avoid drama at all costs. Bad energy, unkind words and energetic suction doesn’t just effect me, it can consume me. This can on occasion cause me to distance myself (my default). I’m a work in progress. For sensitive souls, unkindness and judgement can not only project into their energy field but creates energetic and psychic distress.
Without tools to handle this, an entire day, week or month can go by in an emotional state of dis-ease. Believe me, this is my greatest teacher in this lifetime. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am fuelled from heart-based living. I make my living mentoring others to soar in their life and stay away from drama at all costs. But on occasion…drama finds its way to me. I am clear and confident that this is the way the universe is teaching me courage and confidence in this lifetime.
A fabulous book I read that has helped guide me to becoming more courageous and confident as a sensitive soul is Positive Energy by Dr. Judith Orloff. We can get all the energy healing and therapy we want but at the end of the day, we must commit to ourselves that we believe in ourselves so greatly and deeply that there is just no time in this lifetime for drama and judgement. It’s simply a complete waste of time. What I came to understand was that when I am the receiver of ‘projectile puke’ of negativity and unkindness, I can choose to suffer and get messy, or to toss it in the toilet. What used to take me a month or more to remove from my energy field, I can happily say I can now do within a few days.
Let’s be honest, we’re all guilty of barfing on people (and we tend to barf more on the ones we know aren’t going anywhere). On occasion, my unconditionally kind husband gets the brunt of my barf. When I’m impatient, over-charged and hyper, my words can be unkind. I work on this each day. I feel the energy of words. When you connect with your heart and your body, you feel the vibration and energy carried by language. It’s truly powerful. Become aware of how you feel and how tense your body is next time you use gossip, unkind language or create drama. It’s destructive and toxic and a complete misuse of precious moments on this earth.
I am working every day on being more kind, patient and accepting. I have always been kind and loving to those around me but I am ready for my next level of courage and love. I want to feel connected to my most confident, powerful and authentically true self. This requires me to be mindful of absolutely every word that comes out of my body and my mouth. What is also true is that I’m giving myself permission to screw up, to have off days and to fall. I am committed but I am human.
I’ve put together a simple little love note for you this valentine’s day in case you’d like to join me on loving more + barfing less in your life.
1) Recognize that your ego wants to shit on people when it gets triggered. You’re human.
2) Be Still my sweet. When you are triggered, unkind words might want to instantly ooze. Breathe.
3) Take a minute to ask yourself how you would teach a child (or your child) to respond.
4) Write out your hater words on paper. Instead of projecting on a human being, write out your unkind words on paper. Write away! Get it out of your body. This is so healing and doesn’t hurt anyone.
5) Call a friend or someone you completely trust. I don’t endorse drama or keeping the triggering alive but sometimes sharing your situation with a dear friend or partner can be healing. They will help you see the situation symbolically instead of in a high-school way. Just don’t get addicted to telling everyone you know. Be mindful that this will not only create more drama but impact your wellbeing more than you know.
6) Sleep on it. Before projecting, and after doing the steps above, sleep on the situation. Contemplate how you feel and why you feel the way you feel. Are you very hard on yourself? Are you jealous or envious of someone? Do you feel less fabulous than those around you? Are you always striving for more? Are you missing true connection in your life? Shed some tears if emotion surfaces. That’s fabulous.
7) Choose to be kind or move on. This is not always easy. As one of my great mentors does, I teach others to not go ‘chasing birds‘. Leaking your precious heart energy into a toxic drama is both wasteful and harmful. Choose expansion over contraction. Your being craves inspiration, creativity and expansion. If you desire this, you just can’t go chasing birds.
8) Close the loop in a way that feels right in your heart. You may chose to take a yoga class, do a little meditation or healing session for YOU. You cannot control how other people act or react, you are responsible for your language and your actions. Don’t worry about how others behave. Commit to your higher more connected and beautiful self.
This is NOT EASY which is why is such a juicy lifeclass. I get better with practice but have a long way to go. What I do know is that I want my life to be filled with love and not ego drama. I just don’t have time for it!
Happy love day everyone! Above anything else, I wish you a day filled with self-love.
PS- My new website and official Beautiful Money Launch is happening in 2 weeks! Eek! I will share the details soon but March 1 is the day for the new site and launch!